Anne Mikesell Hartshorn
My goal as a photographer is to capture authentic, genuine emotion. I have had the pleasure of working with some amazing clients over the last few years and it's been incredible to witness the milestones of their lives with a front row seat!
Anne Elizabeth Photography was established in 2013. I took my first photography classes at The Des Moines Art Center, and I fell in love with the art. I have been busy with weddings, family sessions, large corporate events, and high school senior sessions ever since.
In the fall of 2016 I married the most wonderful man after planning our wedding in just 3 short months. I understand how much effort goes into planning your special day and love assisting brides with all wedding related questions, especially making that timeline!
I have a Masters in Business Administration from The University of Iowa and continue to study the art of photography. My husband and I have two stubborn but beautiful English Bulldogs and they make me laugh like no one else.
I love a challenge, strive for perfection and deliver my best work to my clients. Oh, and I love those bullies as much as I love photography.
Tell me about you. Let's make some beautiful photos.
5 Things you may want to know about your photographer:
1. I am a newlywed. I know how much time goes into planning your wedding! Chris and I got married - after a short 3 month engagement - in October 2016 at Annelise Winery. Want a quaint, beautiful venue just outside of Des Moines? Check it out!
2. I am beginning my 7th wedding season. I officially kicked off Anne Elizabeth Photography in the spring of 2013 by photographing family and friends, and in the fall of 2013 I photographed my first wedding near Cancun, Mexico.
3. My educational background is in finance, Spanish, and business administration. I studied at The University of Iowa, and graduated with my MBA in 2015. I learned photography through the Des Moines Art Center. Through these classes, my passion for photography and business grew. I recommend the Des Moines Art Center's photography classes to anyone who wants to learn not only how to use their camera, but also how to artistically compose a photograph.
4. I love to travel! Planning a destination wedding? We'd love to capture your experience abroad! I love to travel throughout the US, and I have also visited the following places abroad: England, Spain, Italy, Ireland, France, Germany, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Argentina, Chile, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, & Canada. Most recently I traveled to my brother's wedding in South Africa! It was amazing to say the least. Places on my bucket list include Portugal, Iceland and Peru.
5. I want you to love your images. Customer satisfaction is my number one priority. It is important to me to have happy clients who feel good about the products and service they receive. Love your images? Tell me [and others!] Want something different? Tell me!
Want to know more? I'd love to chat!